Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nothing Nice to Say...

I love my mother dearly. She has ingrained in me a few wise sayings. Her most famous was "take some Tylenol and suck it up". But I had let one slip my mind the past few days, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all". Amazing how God can remind us to be kind to others. I ran my mouth about another persons travel preferences. Thinking mine are superior because they consisted of less delays and cost only a few more dollars. 


And this is what happened... Before we even leave for our vacation, our flight is delayed. The ticket person checking us gives us the chose to wait 5 hours in Detroit, wait here for a later flight OR change our destination. We opt for better layover and change our airport. Thankfully we had several family members at our arrival area. They arranged to pick up our car at another airport and drive to meet us 2 hours away. Ha. You thought that was it. 


Here is the break down of delays. 
OKC to Scranton: We are delayed in OKC and miss our connecting flight in Detroit. We are now flying into NYC. Once in Detroit we are bumped from our NYC flight and instead we fly into Newark. 


Scranton to OKC: Our flight in Scranton is delayed. So we are bumped to the NEXT day at 6am. On top of that lovely news. I left my iphone at the gate. Of course security was gracious enough to go "check" the gate for my phone. 


The added bonus to all of our flight delays, staying one more night, my iphone and nursing cover stolen was that Grady has the biggest poop while landing in OKC. We are descending in the air. Green poo is seeping out of his diaper and through his clothes. I can do absolutely nothing for 20 minutes but watch it soak through.


It was a wonderful trip between all the flying. I'll save that for later and leave you with the poo story.

No comments:

Post a Comment