Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lots of Crying

Lately I feel more like the Pillsbury Dough Boy than the trophy wife who stays at home, runs the house, and pops out babies. I’ve always imagined that perfectly toned body that comes with having extra time for the gym. Only now in the midst of laundry, dishes, and cloth diapers do I realize I have no time. The “to-do” list is really just an excuse. I’ve gone to the gym a few times post-birthing. I was ready for it to be hard. But I went all fancy and have a trainer who is pushing me to exercise even harder. It’s so easy to get out of shape and downright depressing to realize I can’t manage one full push-up. Now I reminisce of the days that I was a machine. Remember those times? Right before you get married and way before you have a baby. Remember when you could do 80 pushups in a minute and run half-marathons for fun.

I’m ready to shed this baby weight. Why is it the last 10lbs are the hardest? Here I am making the commitment to exercise harder and eat less crap food. Guarantee there will be some crying involved when the hubby eats whatever he wants and I get a carrot stick with hummus. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you still nursing Grady? It's very common for your body to hold on to the last 10 pounds until you've weaned your baby. It's in case you don't have food for yourself, your body can still make milk for your baby! Hang in there! You're a great mom! Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete