Monday, September 13, 2010

This is it!


Early September, I vacationed in Charleston, SC with my Mom. We had a great time on our 2nd annual Chick Trip. Its fun being without the guys for a few days. We get a chance to catch up on all the little things that are going on in our lives. We have such a great time walking around, eating, shopping, eating, naps, plus more eating. Apparently Charleston is the place to eat. There were many great restaurants that we patronized. Oh so good. This is the place that turned me from vegetarian back to an meat eater. I just couldn't help myself. I'm sure it has little to do with being 5 months pregnant. The fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and fried okra at Justine's was amazing.



 This is my last vacation for the year. One reason, I'm out of vacation days. I'm going to be reminiscing over it for a while, plus photos to share. 

Favorite quote from this trip by Mom, "Look at that big tree. It's beautiful." It seems like this came up every 5 minutes. Including this tree which was fascinating her because the limbs touched the ground. Those are the roots in front with sheep grazing on top. 


Mom and I at Middleton Place Plantation. I loved the landscaping, pathways, rock walls and extra buildings. 


Drayton Hall Plantation was the best plantation house that we visited. The woodwork is amazing. The house was very large. An extra benefit is photography allowed inside the house. Also, it has a great story about surviving the Civil War and Union soldiers. The family doctor posted yellow flags at the entrance and claimed that the house was being used as a small pox hospital. The two plantations next door were burned down by the Union Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment